Customer Relationship Management or CRM is a way to identify, learn and analyze customers'
needs and behaviors in order to develop better relationships with existing customers and
potential customers. CRM systems automate the processing of managing customer
relationship. CRM has experienced rapid growth and expansion in three dimensions in recent years.
First, CRM systems have provided more and more solutions for various business tasks or operations
from call center operation, workflow management, e-procurement, supply chain management, document management,
enterprise resource planning to sales force automation (SFA). Second, CRM systems have been deployed
in a wide variety of industries from financial CRM, marketing CRM, pharmaceutical crm to automotive crm.
Finally, the CRM technology has evolved from traditional ERP CRM, online or Web based CRM, Hosted CRM,
Mobile CRM to Wireless CRM.
Architecture of CRM Systems A CRM system has three major components.
Comparison of CRM Technology
CRM technology highlights one or more technical aspects of a CRM system.
- CRM Software - This is the backend of CRM systems which usually includes a relational database for persistent information, an software application
for handling business logic.
- Client Hardware - It could be a PC or handheld devices (wireless or not) for accessing enterprise information.
- Mobile Middleware - A middleware facilitates the interactions between CRM software and access devices or PCs.
The Mobile middleware provides great benefit for mobile workers to access and share enterprise information
across organizational lines and locations.
- Online CRM - It highlights the User Interface (UI) of a CRM system. Online CRM uses a Web based user interface.
- Hosted CRM - It highlights the service provider of CRM systems. A hosted CRM is a CRM system that CRM software is hosted
at a CRM Application Service Provider (ASP). A hosted CRM is a online CRM, may or may not be a mobile or wireless CRM.
- Mobile CRM - It highlights the accesibility of CRM systems. Mobile CRM is Web based, may or may not be a hosted CRM or wireless CRM.
- Wireless CRM - It highlights the connectivity between CRM software and access hardware (devices or PCs). Wireless CRM is mobile and web based.
It may or may not be a hosted CRM.
Web Based CRM, Online CRM - Benefits and Vendors
Hosted CRM and CRM ASP - Benefits and Vendors